Sunday, June 3, 2012

Reporting from Tahrir Square

As some of you already know we are organizing a BIM Conference in cooperation with Projacs in Cairo on the 5th of June, Tuesday.

I think this is one of the best conference we have ever organized. We have amazing speakers this year.

Jothi and I arrived at Cairo in advance to finalize the conference arrangements.

We arrived on the same day of Husnu Mubarak's final court and we were expecting to see some action at least at the Tahrir Square. Our speakers were also contacting me and asking if I am still alive or not:)))

Currently I am writing this post from BIMES Cairo office which is 3 minutes walking distance to the Tahrir Square. It's all peaceful and relaxing.

On the contrary to what media shows, I have not seen any protests or demonstrations. The only danger I saw here is the "Egyptian Drivers" and that's all:)))

I am hoping to survive without getting hit by one of them and host a great conference!

Cheers,
Diyane Koseoglu
www.bimes.com




1 comment: